Monday, March 5, 2012

Stuffed Eggplant

I have Hungry Girl to thank for this recipe.  The original recipe has no meat, which is fine, but, since I was serving this as the main dish, I added a pound of extra lean ground turkey.  Super simple recipe that made plenty for left-overs.

Ingredients...plus the ground meat - which was thawing in the sink and, as a result, I forgot to include in the picture.
Hollow out the eggplant.
 I removed the stems from the mushrooms - they're a little woody in texture and easy enough to pop out.  Press in opposite directions with thumbs...
 The stem pops right out,
 And, there you have it - stemless mushrooms!
I first cooked the turkey in the skillet, then added the veggies (minus the tomatoes) to cook down.
After adding the rest of the ingredients.
"For me???  It LOOKS like dog food!"
Topped with Parmesan and chopped up string cheese, ready for the oven.  (Because I added the meat, and used larger veggie portions than the recipe called for, I ended up with more stuffing than would fit back in the eggplant shell.  So, that I just put in a ceramic bowl and it cooked just fine!)
 All done!  (Sorry, my under-cabinet flourescent lights seem to add a little extra yellow tint to the food...the dog's always yellow.)
 And, yes - it was very tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment