Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Open-Faced Brie & Hot Peach Chutney Grilled Cheese

Ok, I'm not usually much of one for a challenge...unless it has to do with food.  So, when my uncle forwarded to me an email from the Virginia Chutney Company, stating they were having a grilled cheese competition...well, I had no choice but to experiment and find a chutney-specific winner.  ***STRONG DISCLAIMER*** Any of you entering the 3rd annual Looney-Sponsored Grilled-Cheese-Off later this month will be prosecuted to the highest letter of the law if any stealing of this recipe is suspected.  ***DISCLAIMER OVER***

I had several trial versions, which have been fed to my husband and my dog, and this is the winner...

Start with a slice of Potato Bread, toasted in a toaster oven
Place chunks of brie on the toast, enough to cover when melted
Heat in a 300-degree oven until cheese is creamy and able to be spread, spread to cover toast
Place slices of fresh (or canned) peaches on the toast
Top with Virginia Chutney Company Hot Peach Chutney
Plate on a small bed of baby spinach




1 comment: